Tuesday 4 November 2014

Behind the Scenes Tag

Hi guys,

I was tagged to do this post by Luscious Lane, so I hope you enjoy having a read of my answers! For anyone reading this, I TAG YOU!

Why and when did you start blogging?

I first started blogging about a year ago. I wanted to start blogging because I thought it would be a good way to express myself. I wanted to say that I had a hobby and that I was actually good at something! I had been reading blogs for a while before creating mine, to get some ideas about what I could talk about and what other people found interesting. Then I just thought, WHY NOT? and did my first post and I haven't looked back since.

What gives you inspiration for blog posts?

I don't really look for inspiration, I will just blog about things I like and enjoy. I like to blog about a mixture of everything, from product reviews to serious topics such as my posts about depression and rape culture, which gives me a lot of options and variety. I still love to read other blogs to get ideas and see what is a popular talking point, so I would say I get some inspiration from other bloggers.

What advise would you give to people starting out?

Be active on social media sites. I have gained most of my views and followers from sharing my blog on Twitter. It is a great way to network with other bloggers and you can make some great friends out of it too.

What is the best thing about being a blogger?

Being able to express myself and be able to talk about things that genuinely interest me. I also love the blogging community and the fact that everyone is so supportive of each other. 

What do your friends and family think about you being a blogger?

Not everyone knows that I have my own blog! My boyfriend though has been really supportive and is really proud of me for sticking with it. He knows that I struggle with my confidence and self esteem and writing my blog has really helped me fight these issues. I get so excited when I get new followers and he always seems interested, even when he couldn't care less! Family are supportive of everything I do, so as long as I am doing something I enjoy, they are more than happy.

Is blogging how you pictured it to be? 

It is a lot harder than I thought it would be, especially in terms of getting people to take notice and get followers. I think in some ways, this makes it even better when you do get views and followers though, because you have really worked hard to get noticed! I love blogging though, and the hard work does pay off.

Are there any bloggers that you feel deserve more readers/ have you made any friends through blogging?

There are so many bloggers that deserve more attention, I couldn't possibly list all of them! A few of my favourites at the moment though, are FatBeautyZoe's Secret StyleLeah Talks and Twinkle's Beauty Blog. These all give so much detail in their posts and I can tell they are all really passionate about their blogging. I haven't made any friends as such through blogging, but it is making me more confident in talking to new people, which is great!

What inspired your blog name?

I don't really know if I'm honest! It kinda popped into my head one day. I guess I like it because I like simplicity and I am extremely curious, especially when it comes to trying new products or having new experiences. I think my blog is simple, in its design and also in its content. I like to give a lot of information but hopefully I give it in a way that is simple and easy to understand!



post signature

6 comments:

  1. Hi Cat! Noticed I had a few hits from your blog so thought I'd check out the link! Thank you so much for including my link in your post. At least you can say you have on friend now from blogging, ME! :)

    I hope you had a lovely day and have a great week!

    Lucie xx
    Fatbeautyx | Plus Size Fashion & Beauty Blogger & Vlogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aww thanks for the comment! I love your blog, such a good read! I have had a lovely day thank you, hope you have too :D

      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi love,

    I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Fancy filling it out?

    Cakilicious @ Brighton and Back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou! Yeah Ill make sure to do that tomorrow! :D

      Delete
  3. Thank you for doing this tag! I love how your boyfriend and family are really supportive of you, and think it is fabulous how it helps with your confidence and self esteem- i have to agree with you there, it has helped me too!

    Thanks again,
    Rikki xxx

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik