Wednesday 15 October 2014

Winter Must Haves!

Alreet m'dears!

I am back again and ready to show you some of my must have autumn/winter items for 2014. Please feel free to comment below any recommendations you may have, as I love getting other peoples opinions.

  • Yankee Candles: I love candles. I can't get enough of them. Yankee candles are by far the best ones on the high street and although they are not the cheapest, they are excellent quality and last for ages. My current favourite is the Vanilla Lime scent. I bought this for my mum about 2 years ago and she still has half of the jar left. I love visiting her house, mainly because I get to smell this deliciousness! Anyway, I have selected a few candles that I would love to try out, including: Black Cherry - 'the absolutely delicious sweetness of rich, ripe black cherries'; Cinnamon Appleberry - 'the welcoming aroma of tart apples and sugary berries laced with cinnamon' and Christmas Eve - 'traditional Christmas scents of a warm hearth, sugared plums, and candied fruits'. I love anything cinnamon-y and sweet, rich scents always remind me of Christmas, so I feel these candles would be perfect for making the house cosy and inviting. Check out the Yankee Candle website to see their massive selection of candles and gift sets.
Look how pretty they are!

  • Cushions: Cushions are a must have during the winter. They give you something to snuggle into during the cold evenings and they look super duper pretty as well. Zazzle have some amazing cushions, some of which you can personalize which is pretty cool. They tend to be on the pricey side, but I definitely think they are with the price tag, especially for some of the more vintage designs. Below are some of my favorites:


Yes, I am a bit soppy!

  • Hot Water Bottle Covers: This is a bit of a random one, but every year I say I am going to invest in a hot water bottle and I never do. I really need one, because I am always really really cold but I think they are so ugly, so I can never settle on one I like! I have now sorted this problem however, and I may have to splash out and treat myself to one of the amazing hot water bottles from Not On The High Street. They have sme really simple designs and some really funky, bright designs; perfect for any house. Not only are the useful, but they are extremely attractive and would really spruce up a dull room. A couple of my favourites are:

Bit of a contrast I know!

  • Big Mugs: I don't know about you, but one of the best things about the colder weather is being able to drink as much hot chocolate as possible, and obviously you need the biggest mug to drink it from! After having a look around on the high street and online, I found that once again, Zazzle had one of the best collections of mugs. My personal favourite is this one: 

I love cats and hot chocolate...PERFECT

What do you guys think? Anything you can recommend?

Please comment below :)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Yankee Candles smell so good! And they last a lifetime. Nice musthaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so necessary! I love scented candles in the winter, they make everything feel so cozy and as I'm writing this, I have a big mug of tea next to me! They are true signs that Christmas and winter are coming :)
    xxx
    Tasmin | Grandiose Days Blog
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik