Sunday 17 November 2013

Colour Pout- Collection 2000

Hi everyone!

So today I went shopping, and I hadn't planned to buy any makeup products but this caught my eye: Colour Pout Lip Stain by Collection 2000.


Now, I am not the biggest lover of lipsticks or glosses so I was dubious when I bought this as to whether I would like it or not, but after a few weeks of deliberating I thought I might as well take a risk and give this lip stain a try. There were 6 shades to choose from and after about half an hour I thought I would be completely different and choose 'Pucker'. This is a really deep pink colour, and I bought it because I don't really have any really bold makeup.


Anyway, after getting home with it, I dashed upstairs and attempted to put the lip stain on. It says on the tube that it is easy to apply, but I really did struggle getting it to apply evenly. It looks like a felt tip pen and you basically have to colour in your lips. I had to go over them about 3 times to ensure the colour application was even, which was slightly frustrating.

(Straight after application)

As you can see, the colour comes out very bright, and it was quite a shock for someone who tends to lean towards muted makeup. I do think the results are very good though and once applied it quickly dries on your lips so even if you have a drink it doesn't leave residue on the glass (I had a drink straight after application); my main issue with lipstick is that it always seems to wipe off very quickly.

I had a look in the mirror around 2 hours after application however and the results weren't brilliant.
(2 hours after application) 

Some colour still remains, but mainly on the outline of my lips. This product claims to last all day, but it barely lasted a couple of hours for me. Luckily I do prefer muted colours and I do feel that the faded pink looks a lot better, however I do expect products to do as they say on the packet.

For £4.99 from Morrisons, I feel that this is an okay product but if I was to buy it again I would go for a lighter colour as this is very bold and wouldn't be a day to day lip colour. 


Have you tried Colour Pout? What did you think?


Cat xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik