Tuesday 19 November 2013

Eyeliner review!

Hi guys,

Ok so I wasn't going to do another review for a few days but I thought, because I have some free time, I should do a review about one of my favourite types of makeup: Liquid Eyeliner!


This review looks at 2 types of eyeliner that I own. The first one I will be discussing is L'oreal Paris Super Liner Black Lacquer.


To me, this is one of the best liquid eyeliners I have tried. I have owned it for around 2 months and there is still loads left and I find it to be one of the easiest eyeliners to apply. 

I bought this eyeliner from Superdrug in the UK for £3.99, down from £6.49 which I thought was a pretty good deal. I had previously owned the Collection 2000 Fast Stroke eyeliner but I found that it chipped really easily, so I decided I would try another brand. 

Anyways, this eyeliner is amazing. It glides onto your eyes so easily, and most of the time you will only need to go over it once, depending on the look you are going for. Once applied it doesn't take very long to dry, which is a bonus as previous eyeliners have taken an age and I have ended up smudging my makeup whilst waiting for it to dry. This eyeliner also lasts for hours. It doesn't flake or fade and I don't have to reapply it. The only downside I would have for this eyeliner is the issue of removing it. It can take ages to get it all off, and sometimes I have to use a couple of makeup wipes to ensure it is all removed.

I do think that this eyeliner is well worth a try though, and even for the full price, I would still purchase this product as I feel it is totally worth it.

The next eyeliner I will be reviewing is the Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner. I purchased this eyeliner a few weeks ago from my local Boots store for £2.99 (a fairly reasonable price).


I decided to buy this as I had heard good reviews about felt tip liners, but being cautious I decided on a cheaper product because I didn't want to waste a lot of money on something which wasn't for me. 
Anyway, I tried this product out straight away when I got home and to be honest, I wasn't completely impressed. It claims to be easy to apply but the thicker applicator tip, for me, tends to be harder at creating subtle definition. If you like to wear heaps of eyeliner then this may be for you, but I tend to go for subtle makeup on a day to day basis, so this was a bit much for me. The colour comes out well, and it doesn't seem to fade, even if I have had it on all day. 

Out of the two eyeliners, I always go back to L'oreals eyeliner just because of the quality of the product, but I do still like to use the Extreme eyeliner for occasions that call for a bit more WOW factor on the eyes. 

Let me know if you have tried these products, I'd be interested to know your thoughts!

Cat xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik